Hormone Replacement in Rockville & Laurel, MD
Hormone replacement therapy, also known as HRT, is an important type of treatment to replenish hormone levels that are diminished from menopause and other conditions. Having adequate hormone levels is vital to feeling and looking healthy.
Are you considering Hormone Replacement?
If you are a woman, when you are going through menopause, or if you are a man, suffering from low testosterone, your body goes through tremendous changes, including:
- Hair thinning, or hair loss
- Temperature regulation, including experiencing hot flashes and night sweats
- Loss of collagen and elasticity, which can make your skin look older, cause sagging, and other changes
- Metabolism fluctuations, which can cause you to gain weight
- Loss of bone density, which can lead to osteoporosis and increasing the likelihood of broken bones
- Sleep disturbances, which can make it difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep
- Memory problems, resulting in a decreased performance at work, problems with focus, and other issues
- Mood fluctuations, leading to an inability to deal with stress, emotional outbursts, and other changes
- Lower sex drive, which can lead to relationship problems and loss of self-esteem and self-confidence
At Capital Women's Care Division 64, your hormone levels can be checked to determine the level of hormone replacement therapy you need. Hormone replacement therapy is often combined with lifestyle counseling to increase your level of exercise, modify your diet, and incorporate stress management techniques into your life.
The Benefits of Bio-Identical Hormones
Using bio-identical hormones has become a state-of-the-art hormone replacement therapy because of their outstanding benefits and limited side effects. Bio-identical hormones have a structure that is identical to human hormones, giving them some important advantages, including:
- Long-lasting relief, typically from three to five months
- Safety, because they have been rigorously researched and tested
- Individual dosing, so your amount of hormone replacement is perfect for you
Bio-identical hormones also provide a steady, consistent stream of hormones to your blood. They also don’t increase your risk of serious medical conditions like having a stroke or suffering a blood clot.