CWC64 Obstetricians in Silver Spring, Rockville, and Laurel, MD
With seven providers of obstetrical care on our practice, we have the skills and experience to provide excellent care throughout your pregnancy. Through your series of visits, you may choose to meet primarily with one physician or to see each of the delivering doctors.
- Genetic Testing
- Cord Blood Banking
- Fetal Echocardiogram
- Disability Forms
- Holy Cross Hospital & Services Offered
- Postpartum Care
- Signs of Labor
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Prenatal Questionnaire
- Prenatal Care and Delivery Acknowledgement Notice
- Maryland Pre-natal Risk Assessment Form for all Medicaid Payers
- HIV Consent
If you just found out you are pregnant, or you are planning on starting a family soon, then chances are good that you’ve already heard of an obstetrician. An obstetrician (OB) provides medical care to pregnant women throughout all stages of their pregnancy, including labor, delivery and postnatal care. We know what an amazing time this is for a woman, and the obstetricians at Capital Women’s Care Division 64 want to make sure that all women have healthy, complication-free pregnancies.
What services do your obstetricians (OB) provide?
Here’s what you can expect when you turn to our obstetricians for care,
- We will monitor yours and your baby’s health using special tests, imaging and screening tools
- We will look for possible health problems that can occur during pregnancy including diabetes and hypertension and provide you with ways to reduce your chances of developing these issues
- We can provide recommendations and advice on everything from supplements and diet to working out and medications you are currently taking
- We can help you create a detailed delivery plan that follows your exact wishes
- Provide support and counseling to help with some of those pregnancy mood swings and rough patches
- Help you find effective ways to manage everything from morning sickness to heartburn and insomnia
- Answer any and all questions you might have about your health, your unborn baby, caring for your newborn or labor and delivery
- Provide specialized care to women with high-risk pregnancies
- We can also work together with other medical professionals including midwives to make sure that you are getting the care you need before, during and after your pregnancy
- Deliver your baby and help provide you with postnasal support and care to help make the healing process and transition into motherhood easier
What will happen during the first visit?
Your first visit will be rather comprehensive, as we will want to perform certain routine tests and ultrasounds to make sure that both you and baby are healthy. We will also look for possible health problems or habits that could impact your pregnancy and provide you with ways to improve your current lifestyle or health to ensure a smooth, healthy pregnancy.
You will visit your obstetrician regularly throughout your pregnancy so it’s important that you have a doctor that you trust; someone who listens to you and guides you through every test, checkup and screening. Here at Capital Women’s Care Division 64, we put your needs first.