CWC64 Woman Doctor in Silver Spring MD, Rockville MD, and Laurel MD
A woman doctor understands a woman’s medical needs and can provide advice and expertise tailored to you. This is especially important when you are trying to get pregnant, or you are already pregnant.
What’s Different About a Woman OBGYN Doctor
An OBGYN doctor is a specialist and expert on a woman’s reproductive system. A woman OBGYN doctor also has the added benefit of understanding a woman’s needs.
The Benefits of Having a Woman OBGYN Doctor
A woman OBGYN doctor:
- Can be easier for a woman to talk with about intimate matters
- Is very knowledgeable about a woman’s needs, emotions, and desires
- Provides medical expertise, skills, and experience unique to women
A woman OBGYN doctor can be a reassuring presence right when you need medical help. Whether you are a young girl just starting menstruation, a young woman just beginning a family, or an older women going through reproductive changes, a woman doctor can help you by providing the care you need.
Services a Woman OBGYN Doctor Can Provide
For teens and young women:
- Annual women’s health wellness exams
- Pelvic exams, including a pap smear
- Breast exams to check for breast cancer
- Many options for birth control
- Help to regulate periods, controlling heavy bleeding and discomfort
- Initial pregnancy examinations
- Routine pregnancy examinations throughout the pregnancy term
For older, premenopausal and menopausal age women:
- Help with reducing unpleasant symptoms of menopause, including weight gain, night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, and osteoporosis
- Providing hormone replacement therapy including traditional and bio-identical hormone replacement
Acute or Chronic Conditions a Woman OBGYN Doctor Can Treat
When you have a sudden, painful reproductive system condition, it’s comforting to know you can be seen by a woman doctor. These are just a few conditions for which you might see a woman OBGYN doctor:
- Breast lumps and breast tenderness
- Pelvic and abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding or pain
- Vaginal discharge or vaginal dryness
- Sexually transmitted diseases
To learn more about the OBGYN services provided by women doctors, call Capital Women’s Care Division 64. You can reach any of their three offices in Silver Spring, Laurel, or Rockville, MD, by calling (301) 468-0073, so call today.