Capital Women’s Care now offers Virtual Visits--a simple, secure way to see one of our providers without leaving your home.
You can use your smart phone, tablet or computer. There’s nothing to download. No passwords to remember. Just you speaking with your provider face-to-face over a secure connection.
Virtual Visits are available (but not limited to) the following types of appointments:
- Birth Control Consult
- Follow-up Appointment
- GYN Problems
- Infertility Consult
- Lab Results
- Medication Check
- Preconception Counseling
To sign up for a Virtual Visit, please call us at (301) 468-0073 or click here to Find A Provider.
- Make sure you are in a private, quiet setting with reliable Wi-Fi or cellular service.
- Locate your email or text message containing your visit link.
- Don’t see an email or text? Remember to check your junk/spam folder.
- Still don’t see it? Contact CWC.
- Click the secure link in the email/text to see your provider face-to-face
- Check out the "Test My Device" feature prior to joining your visit to make sure you are on a supported device.
- You will be taken to a welcome page. Click "Let's Go!"
- You may be prompted to complete a few questions that will be shared with your provider.
- You may be required to provide payment before joining your visit. If so, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click "Join Visit.”
- Your provider or a member of your care team will connect with you as soon as they are ready.
Once you have finished your visit, click "End Visit" and complete the brief survey.
Telemedicine Tips for Patients
Telemedicine is changing healthcare for the better. Even though telemedicine appointments are becoming popular, video conferencing can be a challenge. Below are a few tips to ensure you are getting the most from your virtual visits.
1. Use the best equipment available to you and the strongest DATA connection.
Using proper equipment will allow you to communicate with your provider effortlessly. It is important to use a quality camera to allow your provider see you clearly and the fastest internet speed available to you to limit glitches. You will feel more comfortable with a clear view of your physician during telemedicine visits. If the space you are in is not quiet, using headphones can be helpful.
2. Virtual Visits are just like office visits.
Please consider signing in a few minutes prior to your visit. Just like coming to the office, there are some materials you must read and acknowledge when signing in for your virtual visit. Your appointment is scheduled just like any other office visit and our goal is to be as on time as possible. You can sign in to the “virtual waiting room” 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
3. Sign on in a private space.
Our recommendation is to sign in for your virtual visit where you have no outside distractions.
4. Please provide feedback.
Providing feedback will allow your provider to improve until they have perfect webside manner.
5. Listen to provider instructions, treatment and plan for follow up.
Telemedicine visits can be a little bit more confusing than traditional office appointments. Since there is no physical paper with instructions, ensure that you have the necessary information to pick up electronically prescribed medication and to schedule a follow-up virtual appointment if needed. Take notes if you find that helpful. By enrolling in our Patient Portal you will have access to the patient plan summary your provider will prepare at the end of the visit. If anything isn’t clear, don’t be shy! Ask questions if anything isn’t clear!
We look forward to offering you care in a new way!