CWC64 Midwife Services in Silver Spring, Laurel, & Rockville, MD
When you are having a baby, the services of a midwife can be indispensable. Midwives are certified nurses with master's degrees and receive a CNM (Certified Nurse-Midwife) so you know you are in knowledgeable, experienced hands. You have a highly-skilled medical professional helping you deliver your baby.
How a Midwife Is Different
A midwife practices holistic principles, centered on the family, all during your journey–from pregnancy, to childbirth, to postpartum needs.
When you choose a midwife to help with delivery, you can still take advantage of the options available, including having a natural birth or having pain medication, including an epidural. The choice is yours.
How a Midwife Can Help You With Prenatal Care
A midwife has advanced training and can help with:
- Prenatal care on an individual or group basis
- Providing you with educational tools to help you and your baby thrive
- Providing emotional support to you and your family
- Providing advice on managing labor, including both medication, and options with no medication
How a Midwife Can Help During Labor and Delivery
- Help with a vaginal birth, including positional changes, relaxation, hydrotherapy, and other options
- Help you have the birth you want including having a VBAC after a C-section
- Assisting the OBGYN if complications develop
How a Midwife Can Help After Delivery
A midwife can help you bond with your baby, and:
- Provide breastfeeding tips and guidance to make breastfeeding easier
- Help with your physical recovery
- Help with postpartum depression
- Discuss your birth control options and what might work best for you
A midwife can discuss birthing options with you, so you have a relaxing, intimate, birthing experience. A midwife is there for you and your family, giving you peace-of-mind, so you can give birth to a healthy baby.